Award winning Newton House in Knaresborough has a novel holiday offer during August 2019: Knaresborough Resort holidays at Knaresborough-on-the-Nidd.
Owner, Denise Carter says: “In the Summer when the sun comes out everyone heads for the seaside. But Knaresborough, which has been a holiday destination for hundreds of years, can offer just as much (if not more) than a traditional seaside resort – from beaches by the River Nidd, caves and tunnels to explore, to rowing on the river and fish & chips and ice cream.
Denise provides 10 reasons to choose Knaresborough for a Summer holiday:
- Discover sandy beaches by the River Nidd, plus an Urban Beach during the Feva Festival (9-18 August).
- Relax in a rowing boat on the river – depending on who’s rowing of course.
- Investigate the tunnels under Knaresborough Castle, perched on top of Knaresborough’s own cliffs.
- Explore the caves that were once the homes of Old Mother Shipton and St Robert without the worry of being cut off by the tide.
- Enjoy traditional seaside activities like pitch & putt, and crazy golf at Conyngham Hall; the paddling pool in Bebra Gardens; and swim safely in Knaresborough’s indoor swimming pool.
- Relax and unwind in one of Knaresborough’s riverside cafes or pubs.
- Eat Fish and Chips on the Market Square sitting next to local characters Blind Jack and Old Mother Shipton.
- Enjoy a wide variety of Yorkshire ice creams from Brymor and YorVale in the town centre to Yummy Yorkshire and Marshfield Farm down by the river.
- Look for wildlife in the ancient woodland of Nidd Gorge – from otters and deer to kingfishers and dippers.
- Search for the source of Knaresborough Spa.
‘We don’t need the sea in Knaresborough when we have our lovely River Nidd; And instead of donkey rides, we can offer Llama Trekking and Alpaca Walking with Nidderdale Llamas near Brimham Rocks in Nidderdale.’ Denise added.
The 12 bedroom, AA four gold star guesthouse, caters for leisure and business visitors to the area, and also non-residents for breakfast, is owned and managed by Denise and her team of ‘Newton House Ladies’. The B&B won Channel 4’s ‘Four in a Bed’ and has won awards for its breakfasts from Deliciously Yorkshire and the Automobile Association (AA).
Knaresborough Resort Holidays are available Sundays to Thursdays from 5th to 29th August 2019 at £95 per room per night, for a minimum of two nights based on two people sharing a double room. Bookings can be made on
An alternative offer of four nights for the price of three is also available for the same dates using the code AUG443.
Call Denise for special rates for Family stays.